Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton today unveiled a set of policy initiatives aimed at bolstering U.S. technology and innovation leadership. SIA welcomes attention from the presidential candidates on policies to strengthen the semiconductor industry and the broader tech sector. Secretary Clinton’s plan embraces a number of the semiconductor industry’s longstanding priorities, including the following:
1) Increasing the research budgets of federal agencies like the National Science Foundation, the Department of Energy, and DARPA;
2) Reforming America’s outdated high-skilled immigration system;
3) Rebuilding U.S. leadership in high-performance computing;
4) Continuing key reforms of the U.S. export control system; and
5) Expanding investments in STEM education programs.